Setting a good example.
For those of you with children, you probably find yourself doing this a lot.
Not swearing, keeping your bedroom tidy, eating your veggies, driving at the speed limit and cleaning behind your ears.
We need you to do the same at the gym.
There are a lot of children around CFNZ at the moment (ie. newbies) that may not even realise you're influencing. They not only look coaches for guidance, but you as well, so please make an effort to do less of the following if you are guilty.
- Talking during the workout brief (a great piece of parent advice here - be seen and not heard!)
- Arriving late (hey, you can break the speed limit once in a while.......)
- Giving up on your workout when there is still 10 sec on the clock (How you do anything in here, is how you do everything out there - CFNZ Gym Rules)
- Moving poorly and with no concern for technique during warmups or workouts (would you show your son the wrong way to pass a rugby ball?)
- Not interacting with other people (if your child did this, you would think they had issues....)
- Leaving equipment out after use (tidy your bedroom!!)
- Not eating your veggies........ (not only are you in trouble with your kids, you're in trouble with us)
- Swearing (Ok this is allowed, in the right context..... just don't be offensive)
Your actions have impact. What kind of impact would you like to have here?
Clean and Jerk 5 x 1.1.1
20 power clean 40/30kg
10 Hand release burpees
Hang Power Clean and pushpress 5 x 5
7 box jumps
7 DB Power Cleans
AMRAP in 7 mins
Don't forget that Fitness Level Testing starts next Monday. Dig out your old results and start figuring out what you'll be aiming for.