The Regional competitors arrived home yesterday afternoon, and will no doubt have a few well deserved days off before resuming training, and deciding about their 2013 campaign......
The weekend was a phenomenal experience. Extremely testing workouts, a highly competitive field, and an awesome venue run by enthusiastic volunteers.
Lots to comment on, but a few highlights were:
- Fale smashing the DB snatch event, and Amanda just as impressive with what was a much larger relative weight, owning it with her text book split snatch technique.
- Daniel giving it his all next to Fale on the partner deadlift. More than one person in the crowd joked that Fale must have been lifting all of the weight, but I've photos to prove that Dan was doing his share and more, with those bent elbows!! :)
- The team winning their heat on event 2.
- Kaz knocking out 5 consequtive muscle ups and then easy doubles in event 6 to clock up a blazing fast 20 reps.
- Mike's awesome effort in the snatch ladder, pulling off some epic lifts under pressure, AND having to carry Fale on his back during event 6.........
- Jo getting 1 single muscle up, but the most important one, as every team member had to do one to finish off event 6, nabbing 6th place for that workout and 11th overall.
- our amazing support crew, Larissa, Ruth, Anton, Dave, Krista and Raerae; from the amazing meals they prepared, to persuading the coffee shop across the road to open an hour early for us, to the packed lunches, to screaming themselves hoarse during the events, they were all incredible.
- Thanks Sam, Bo, Atalay, Shar and others for sharing photos and updates on Facebook as it was a bit tough from our end.
- For me personally, it was great to catch up with and compete with the many friends I've made over the past 4 years. An 18th place finish was certainly much more satisfying than the 31st from last year, and included a chance to participate in the final workout, which was a big goal this weekend.
Work up to a heavy 5 rep Deadlift
50 deadlifts @ bodyweight
Don't forget our movie night on this Saturday 7pm! BYO primal treats!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS PARKER!!